It’s incredible what you can achieve in online marketing just by being smart and using the right tools properly. Keep reading to learn how you can look into a random list of emails and understand who these people are.
A dear friend of mine, a successful entrepreneur and the best brand marketer I know called me yesterday and asked for some help with an Email Marketing issue.
He said that he created a sweepstakes email campaign and generated over 18,000 emails in less than 3 days. I was shocked by his success. Not only that was the first time he did such a campaign, it was his first ever attempt in using email marketing techniques.
He asked me 2 questions:
- How can I learn more about the demographics and interest of his new subscribers?
- How can I know which of these new subscribers can become clients and which are just looking for free stuff
So I wrote him an email explaining everything he needs to be doing and after I finished writing the email, I realized I should write a blog post out of it. So without further ado, this is how to analyze and segment an email list.
How to analyze an email list using FB Audience:
- Go to Facebook.com and choose the Ad Manager
- Click On “Audiences”
- Create a custom audience and upload your list
- Return to Ad Manager and click on Audience Insights
- Choose your new audience and check the results
This is how you do it step by step:
Go to your Ad manager and click here:
Make sure to choose “Custom” and click here:
And then here:
And then Upload your CSV or any other email list file and click “Create Audience”:
Once it’s done, click “next” and then “done” (Don’t choose anything else):
Now for the interesting part. Click here:
And then choose the audience you uploaded (it might take up to 30 minutes for it to refresh):
Et voilà! Learn about your audience by using the world’s most accurate behavioural database. Too good to be true, right? And that’s not all.
Want to learn how to take this one step further and find potential customers inside your list with MailChimp? Sure your do! Sign up to our weekly newsletter and immediately get this secret recipe:
More articles from Hacking Revenue
- There Is No Such Thing As Business Development (But You Can Be Better At It) - May 14, 2017
- The ROI Calculator - April 20, 2017
- Network Like a Machine: FREE TOOL to stay in touch with your contacts and become a super connector - April 15, 2017
- Win a Free Ticket To Growth Marketing Conference East! - February 24, 2017
- Why Direct To Consumer Ecommerce Brands Are Winning Over Retail - October 28, 2016
- Why Is WeWork Worth so Much? - October 25, 2016
- How To Open More Than One Skype Window At The Same Time - September 8, 2016
- How does Spotify make money? - July 28, 2016
- The Apps That Will Help You Become Superhuman (And Focus On What’s Important) - July 8, 2016
- How to analyze and segment an email list with Facebook Audience - June 9, 2016