I just got this email, telling me that Shoeboxed just finished processing my documents. I used to work with them in the past, but I didn’t remember sending any docs lately and was intrigued.
So I went ahead to see what’s going on and this is what I saw:
Bastards! It’s a bait, hidden in a legitimate email, designed to bypass spam filters and get the user to read the message. Maliciously brilliant.
So what is it all about? The link is not even clickable (#fail), but because I’m obsessed with these kind of stuff, I went ahead and copied the link letter by letter. It took me to a scammy GET-RICH-FAST landing page, that is serving as an affiliate to a binary option website called “MillionairesBlueprint”.
Nothing too exciting.
And I thought I have seen them all… Can’t wait to see what other maliciously brilliant hacks they’ll come up next!
More articles from Hacking Revenue
- The ROI Calculator - April 20, 2017
- Network Like a Machine: FREE TOOL to stay in touch with your contacts and become a super connector - April 15, 2017
- Win a Free Ticket To Growth Marketing Conference East! - February 24, 2017
- Direct To Consumer Brands Are Changing Retail Forever - October 28, 2016
- Why Is WeWork Worth so Much? - October 25, 2016
- How To Open More Than One Skype Window At The Same Time - September 8, 2016
- How does Spotify make money? - July 28, 2016
- The Apps That Will Help You Become Superhuman (And Focus On What’s Important) - July 8, 2016
- How to analyze and segment an email list with Facebook Audience - June 9, 2016
- How to download an image from a Google Doc - May 29, 2016