Many people are struggling with estimating how much money a specific business model can make. There are many assumptions that need to be made, decisions to take and goals to prioritize.
This is where models come in handy. So we built a revenue model template for ourselves.
In this revenue model template, transformed to a simple Google Doc form, you can choose one of Three business models: Content Website, Mobile App or Email List (but the same techniques can actually be applied to many other models such as Affiliates, eCommerce etc.)
Then you set the initial user base for your baseline, estimated growth rate, the CR for your ad inventory and the price you’re getting from each ad unit.
And… Viola. The model calculates how much money you’re going to make over 12 months and the breakdown of every revenue source, so you’ll know where to invest your time and efforts.
Please see the first tab for instructions on how to use this model and some more clarifications about the calculations and the terms.
Let us know if you have any comments, requests for changes or if you found any bugs (there shouldn’t be any!).
Access to the revenue model template is for HackingRev members only. Sign up for our killer newsletter in the box below to get it!
More articles from Hacking Revenue
- The ROI Calculator - April 20, 2017
- Network Like a Machine: FREE TOOL to stay in touch with your contacts and become a super connector - April 15, 2017
- Win a Free Ticket To Growth Marketing Conference East! - February 24, 2017
- Direct To Consumer Brands Are Changing Retail Forever - October 28, 2016
- Why Is WeWork Worth so Much? - October 25, 2016
- How To Open More Than One Skype Window At The Same Time - September 8, 2016
- How does Spotify make money? - July 28, 2016
- The Apps That Will Help You Become Superhuman (And Focus On What’s Important) - July 8, 2016
- How to analyze and segment an email list with Facebook Audience - June 9, 2016
- How to download an image from a Google Doc - May 29, 2016